Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Jumping On Board! with Deb and Kim

I need to get a life. I mean a job.  I haven’t been working for a long time. In fact, years. It’s time I got off it, (my butt.). The thought of working a real JOB has been less than appealing to me, although a monthly paycheck would be an uptick.

‘Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~ Thomas Alva Edison

A visit to my past:
I’ve been wearing my own version of overalls every day. They are faded to the point of looking a disgusting shade of grayish/brownish/white. The rear pockets and the hem are shredded to bits. The holes in the knees are spider webs. They are ephing ragged.

“What the hell has she been doing?” you ask. “Stuff”. I’ve been doing stuff. While living in NYC I took care of my husband for three years before he passed from Multiple Myeloma. Within two months I moved to Austin, a mile away from my brother, to help him and his kids for two years. Next I was off to California to care for my parents. I just got home to Austin after six months away. (Don’t worry, Carter came with me.)

Lately:
I have been taking “time off” for a few weeks now.  What a treat. Getting my house and my own life back in order.  What  now?  What’s next for me? I have no clue. That’s the beauty of it. It’s time to get moving!  Now THIS is an exciting predicament to be in. Really? Really.

How do I get in action?

I schedule a call with Deborah Brown-Volkman. Many of you know her. She is a
top professional Certified Coach (PCC), veteran coach, sought-out career coach, career development expert, social networking expert, author, and President of Surpass Your Dreams, a global career coaching and life coaching company that has been in business since 1998.

While speaking with Debra, I saw how she could coach me with the “what’s next for me” question. Damn she’s good!

I hired her on the spot. Our first “working” appointment is Friday, September 9th. I’ll keep you posted.

So now, I’m a happy camper. I’m movin’ and shakin’. I’m a major babe! (And so is Deborah.)

Fuggedabout the JOB angle. I am Jumping On Board! Deb and me. Cool, huh?


See ya later,

Keep Singing!
Kimberly


1 comment:

  1. People do not understand that you can keep completely busy but not hafta go to an office everyday.

    And sometimes a good kick in the butt is needed.

    ReplyDelete