Tuesday, August 23, 2011

All the News That's Fit to Print


Good morning everyone! How’s it going for you so far today??  Here’s my story morning and I'm sticking to it…

Let me catch you up on the events of yesterday.

First off, the dentist visit yesterday was a real OUCHER. L As it turns out, I have an infection in my lower gum that caused, well; I’m not going to go into all the gory details here. You are probably still chugging down the Starbucks, (*$s,) so no need to ruin your enjoyment of that. Suffice to say that I had to make two other appointments to get some “work” done. (And no, it wasn’t a cavity from eating too much chocolate, which I am told is an old wives tale anyway.)

Next up, exceptionally titillating news: Carter is FINALLY learning how to “Speak!”  Woohoo!!! Carter is my adorable little Yorkshire terrier. He just turned 7 years old on July 8th and is the cutest little pumpkin that ever was. (Don’t even tell me that you don’t know the date of your pet’s birthday by heart. If you do – I will have to challenge your parenting skills.) I got Carter when I was living in New York City. I had to go way out into the boonies to meet him and his sibs. Believe it or not, my ex-husband came with me! In case you were wondering, we are still friends. There were three dogs available in the litter. At only 5 weeks old, Carter had the most spunk and was already getting to “know” his auntie. Needless to say, we both thought he was he perfect. But I digress…for Carter to learn how to speak is a BFD to me. When he was a young pup he went to Doggie Training classes. He hid under the bleachers the entire time. All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names; they didn’t let poor Carter join in any reindeer games. (Ha! I made a funny! Or not.) Carter never learned any commands at school.  I even gave him private tutoring lessons (really!) at my apartment. He flunked out.  Really long story short – he learned how to “sit” over this last Thanksgiving vacation. I was out of town and Carter was at boarding school. He copied the other dogs, was the star of his class, and graduated with honors. And now he is learning to “Speak.” I am so proud of him and giddy with excitement.

Lastly, drumroll please… I broke up with my boyfriend of 7 months yesterday. All I can tell you is that he * unfriended  * my Facebook page and me. Oy vey.

Your coffee is probably cold by now so I will sign off.  Laters.


Keep singing!
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment