Friday, September 02, 2011

The Mysterious Life of Burgers 'n Fries



Happy Friday to you!


Yesterday we were honored to have a special guest contributor on My Soul in Shoes. Dawn Lerner wrote an exquisite  piece about her mother, Rose, who had passed several years ago. 


Today I realized that I committed  a huge disservice to Dawn, and our readers. I didn't introduce her. It was an injustice to Rose as well.


I should have told you how I knew Dawn and what a special person she is. It would have been nice if you knew this prior to reading her piece. Maybe you would have connected with Dawn on a different level. Perhaps it would have given you a different and/or deeper reading experience. I apologize to all for neglecting to do so. 


Coulda, woulda, shoulda... that's what we humans say. 


I'm declaring a DO-OVER!


Here goes:


I would like to introduce you yesterday's special Guest Contributor, Dawn Lerner. 


Dawn lives with her husband and family in sunny, Miami, Florida. She is an optician and an avid collector of all things vintage. Dawn owns a business called Attic Eyewear where she carry's the most OMG TO DIE FOR  unique, hand picked, guys and gals vintage eyewear. 


Wow, what a coincidence! It just so happens that I collect, (and wear), a lot of vintage frames. I purchased them all from Dawn. 


I have never met Dawn before, nor had I ever spoken with her. Wait, no...I did speak to her once when  I had a question about a frame I ordered. I asked her to be a contributor because I already knew I would like her and anything she wrote. 


When I invited her to be a guest on our blog, she got really excited! As you will see when you (re)read her piece, she had no idea what she was going to write about, but she was a YES anyway!  


YAY for YES's !!


Dawn is a unique individual. Her passion for sharing vintage sunglasses and eyeglasses with the Universe is unparalleled . She views life as magical. Just like Dorothy did after her house fell on the Wicked Witch of the West, when Dawn looks out, everything is in vivid color. 


The inside scoop is she's interested in fashion, reading, animals and yoga. Two of her favorite books are Harry Potter  and The Alchemist. It's impossible for me to tell you what her favorite music is because her palette spans the globe. Her favorite movies are Harry Potter (no surprise), and James and the Peach.


This is who she is and how she rolls.


This is why I love her, and why I am honored to call her my friend.


I WISH I WROTE THIS YESTERDAY. I DIDN'T. MY APOLOGIES TO DAWN AND OUR READERS BECAUSE  IT WAS DROPPED OUT.


Now that you know who Dawn is, please go and  re-read her post before continuing on!!    


Roses Sometimes Never Die.


**********************************************************************************************************************************************************
And now:
BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMING




The Mysterious life of BURGERS 'N FRIES



There's this guy I know from a long time ago. He was a pretty cool dude, as we used to say. Sometimes he and I would hang out together. Occasionally we shared an ice cream cone or two. Or three. (I wonder if that's why I crave ice cream so much?) 
Anyway, we were friends. 


I remember this one time in particular.....we still laugh about it today. But I digress...


At his request, I am not able to reveal his identity, so I will call him  - Agent 88.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!...........

Agent 88 is this week's Mysterious Mystery Guest! 

About a month ago I  extended an invitation to 88 to be a guest contributor here. (I can call him 88 because I'm his friend, but he's Agent 88 to you.)


I explained to him he could write about nothing in particular, or everything. Anything he wanted BUT, it had to be something that he was passionate about. I wanted it to come from his soul. 


His response: "I don't have anything to write about. What's the purpose of a blog anyway? I don't really understand the point of writing one."  Blah, blah, blah.   
I rolled my eyes a few times, but I wasn't going to get my knickers all in a twist over it.


Me:  It will be easy-peasy. 
88:   No thanks.
Me:  It doesn't have to be about some "thing". It can be about  
        whatever. When it comes up, just write about it. 
88:   No thanks.
Me:  C'mon, it's really easy. C'mon...just do it. C'mon...
88:   I'll talk to you later...


That being said, a few days ago I get an email from him. 
Well I dee-clare, it's a story for the blog. Who'd a thunk!


So without any further ado, I'd like to introduce him to you. Lord knows I don't want to have another do-over like yesterday.


I have known Agent 88 for 40 years. Yea, that's right. I knew him before I was born. It's pretty crazy to think we are still friends after all this time. Although our lives have taken different paths,  we have still managed to keep in touch.  Once a friend, always a friend. He's a very good friend.


Agent 88 was born in _____ but is currently living in _____.
He lives with his wife, _____, _____ and _____. He uses an iPhone for work, although I'm not sure if it is a 3 or 4.
88 is an extraordinary, loving, caring, husband, father, grandfather, uncle, son, brother and friend. Try to say that three times fast.


Since he was a little boy he has been interested in all things athletic. You name it, football, baseball, basketball, golf, and I'm not positive, but I think tennis, swimming and volleyball  too. Badminton? Not so much.  (I'd call to verify but it's too late at night.) He works out at the gym a minimum of 3x per week. He doesn't need to go to the barber too often anymore so he has more free time to participate in his community. He is very committed to that.


Agent 88 admires and applauds those who have been blessed with a special talent and those who overcome incredible odds to achieve success. He values determination, persistence, honesty, hard work and humility. He is not willing to sacrifice ethics for the opportunity to make money and he is extremely successful.  In addition, he has a great sense of humor. LOL! 


88 is a true American in every sense of the word. He loves our country and salutes those who have served to protect our freedom.


You're probably asking yourself "Geeze, is there anything the dude doesn't like?"
Yes. He abhors arrogance and any sense of entitlement. 


Agent 88 is an avid reader. He loves watching movies, either at home or in the theater. Some of his all time fav films are The Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan and Ferris Buehler's Day Off. (I love that one!) His iPod is full of classic rock, country and R&B. He used to watch American Bandstand. He will definitely be peeved because I told you that.


He doesn't think he is hip but I think he is a rockstar.
Did I mention he is a good friend?


TMI?? I think not. After all, I've collected a lot of  evidence on him over the last 40 years. Now that I think of it, he would have made a good catch. But I digress once more...


This is what he wrote. I call it


BURGERS 'N FRIES


Please click on the link below before you begin to read.



hey there....driving home from workout tonight, Jimmy Buffet comes on my iPod....Cheeseburger In Paradise, a catchy little tune if I do say so...kind of ironic because when I got home my wife had cooked a nice juicy cheeseburger.... hmmnn....a weird coincidence??? ....  
as Jimmy says, I like mine with lettuce and tomatoes, Heinz 57 and French Fried potatoes....I thought that was blog worthy but didn't know how to post it....you said it was about nothing and everything right??
.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone. 
Enjoy your burgers 'n fries and stay safe.


Keep singing! 
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment